Installing Dynare for octave on macosx

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Re: Installing Dynare for octave on macosx

Postby hhceylan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:35 am

HoutanBastani wrote:I do not encounter the same problem when I install via homebrew so there is something wrong with your setup that is difficult to debug from a distance.

However, you have a problem only if you want both matlab and octave mex files. If you want one or the other, you're ok. Your build works well when compiling Matlab mex files. So, if you only want these, you can just type
Code: Select all
brew install dynare --with-matlab=/Applications/MATLAB_R2014b.app --with-matlab-version=8.4 --without-octave

If, on the other hand, you only want Octave files, you're in luck as these are bottled by homebrew and do not require local compilation. Simply type
Code: Select all
brew install dynare

If you want both you can:
1) Install Dynare for Octave as above
2) Copy the files in `/usr/local/Cellar/dynare/4.4.3_3/lib/dynare/mex/octave` to your desktop
3) run `brew uninstall dynare`
4) Install Dynare for Matlab as above
5) Copy the files from step 2 to `/usr/local/Cellar/dynare/4.4.3_3/lib/dynare/mex/octave`

Thanks for the help
I ended up installing the regular Mac package from http://www.dynare.org/download/dynare-stable. I just wanted to test it with Octave as well as my license for Matlab is about to expire and will probably not be able to get an extension soon. Also I am trying to use open source solutions as they are more future proof for the research in my experience (pyton, fortran...etc).

But now I will try your method to get it worked for both Octave and Matlab.

Thanks again
hhceylan

Previous

Return to Dynare help