Steady state calibration deterministic model

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Steady state calibration deterministic model

Postby AHA » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Dear all,
I have a question regarding how to do a loop to calibrate the steady state of a deterministic model. With a stochastic model, I could use set_param_value to re-set the parameters of the model following the draws of the loop, and then stoch_simul(var_list_) to re compute the RE solution without having to run the whole mod file each time. I was wondering whether one can do something similar in the deterministic case. I tried to use set_param_value and then steady, but even though the first command changes the parameter values, steady re-sets them to the values found in the mod file. So, for now, I'm loading the parameter values in the mod file and running the entire mod file for each draw of the loop. A bit slow.
Thanks in advance!
Best
a
AHA

Return to Dynare help