transition path, calibration

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

transition path, calibration

Postby tizianoropele » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi Michel,
I have a question to pose.
I am writing a Dynare code to study the transition from one steady state to another. As some calibrated parameters depend on the particular steady state I am considering, these coefficients should change appropriately. How can I manage to do that? I thought of declaring these parameters as variables and write an apposite equations which support the steady state
tizianoropele

Postby MichelJuillard » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:45 pm

Dear Tiziano,

in general it is the steady state that depends on the parameters and a permanent change in the value of some parameters triggers a move to a different steady state.
So I'm not too sure to understand the problem that you are facing. Can't you express the parameters that you are seeing as depending on the steady state as, instead, dependant on the deep parameters?
Are all the parameters getting a new value at the same time (at the beginning of period 1 of the simulation)?

Kind regards

Michel
MichelJuillard

Return to Dynare help