Flat IRFS

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Flat IRFS

Postby Paul Cahu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:58 am

Good morning.

- I have written a quite cumbersome two sectors models in open economy (about 100 equations, most of which are dealing with sector prices and cross-sectorial demand, though hard to simplify).

- It is linear, I computed by hand the log-linearisation of the theoretical model around the steady state.

- When I run the identification command, I get no errors: "All parameters are identified in the model (rank of H); All parameters are identified by J moments (rank of J)"

- My IRFs are however flat. It seems that the model stays blocked at the steady state (I get the famous "All endogenous are constant..." message).

- My guess would be that my shocks may not be well specified, but I do not understand why. It seems to me that the linearity might be a problem. Sorry for it looks like a silly issue but I don't understand it.

Would anyone be able to assist?

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Paul Cahu
Attachments
flat_irf.mod
The dynare model
(23.15 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Paul Cahu
paul@cahu.fr
Paul Cahu

Re: Flat IRFS

Postby Paul Cahu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 am

Sorry for the silly question.
I had forgotten to declare the shocks:

"var e_a; stderr 0.01;"

Hoping this post will allow another tired macroeconomist one day...
Paul Cahu
paul@cahu.fr
Paul Cahu

Return to Dynare help