dynare++ version 1.3.2 problems

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

dynare++ version 1.3.2 problems

Postby matrose » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Hi,

I have installed dynare++ version 1.3.2. on my winxp machine. Trying to run test1.mod I get the following error message:

Caught dynare exception. Parser error at test1.mod, line 4, column 23: Parameter <beta> is not unique.

To see where this error might come from, I installed older versions and then ran the file. With version 1.3.1, I get the same error message on my machine. With version 1.2.1 everythings works fine, the model can be solved and the appropriate output is written to disk.

I would appreciate any help on how to resolve the problem. Could the files be corrupted when downloading? Do other people have similar problems?

Thanks,
Matthias
matrose

Postby OndraKamenik » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 am

Dear Matthias,

There is nothing wrong with Dynare++ in this respect. The error message:

Code: Select all
Caught dynare exception. Parser error at test1.mod, line 4, column 23: Parameter <beta> is not unique.

says that on the fourth line, at 23rd column, beta parameter is not unique, which means that it has been declared before. Look at the line in test1.mod:

Code: Select all
parameters beta, rho, beta, alpha, delta, theta, psi, tau, phi;

The reason why the file is working with earlier versions is that I put a completely new parser to Dynare++ (see the change log), which is more strict and requires unique declarations.

I am sorry I have not spotted the error in test1.mod, being honest I do not run all the tests at each realease, that is why I overlooked test1.mod. Sorry.

best

Ondra K.
OndraKamenik

Postby matrose » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:58 pm

Dear Ondra,

thanks a lot for your quick response. I should have spotted the origin of the problem myself. I appreciate your help.
Matthias
matrose

Return to Dynare help