Declaration of a model in Dynare

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Declaration of a model in Dynare

Postby Jan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello everyone,

recently I came across a code of a model, that is written in a way I have never seen before. I cannot even find it in the dynare user manual. Can you explain me the following declaration? A piece of a code looks like this:

Code: Select all
model;

C = (1-SLC)*CNLC+SLC*CLC;
VLL = exp(EPS_LL)*omeg*SL*(1-LL-(NPARTL-EX_NPARTL))^kappa;

end;

where uppercase letters represent variables. I see that the model is defined in non-linear form - it is obvious. But dynare manual stipulates in this case, that variables should be declared using logarithms. In this case, the variables are not defined using a logarithm operator. And for clarification, EPS_LL represents a shock variable.

Thank you for helping me.

Jan
Jan

Re: Declaration of a model in Dynare

Postby jpfeifer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:52 am

That is just a regular model description, where Dynare will linearize the model instead of loglinearization. From where did you infer
But dynare manual stipulates in this case, that variables should be declared using logarithms
?
------------
Johannes Pfeifer
University of Cologne
https://sites.google.com/site/pfeiferecon/
jpfeifer

Re: Declaration of a model in Dynare

Postby Jan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:53 am

I was a little bit confused. Now I see that. Even in the manual.

Sorry for this bad question.
Jan

Return to Dynare help