Small open economy model- BK conditions not satisfied

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Small open economy model- BK conditions not satisfied

Postby michall23full » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 am

I have rewritten log-linearized small open economy model of Linardi (2016) into Dynare 4.6 and I've got the error suggesting that Blanchard-Kahn conditions are not satisfied (identerminacy, 6 forward-looking variables, 5 eigenvalues greater than 1). I checked that (to my knowledge) I've rewritten equations correctly. Parameters were calibrated to their prior means by Linardi (2016) or usual values used in literature (Taylor rule coefficients). I attach the paper and my code.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Attachments
Linardi2016_model_calibration.mod
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Linardi2016.pdf
(661.96 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
michall23full

Re: Small open economy model- BK conditions not satisfied

Postby jpfeifer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 am

That is hard to tell. Usually, there is a timing error somewhere. The challenge is finding out whether the problem is in the paper or in your implemented model equations.
------------
Johannes Pfeifer
University of Cologne
https://sites.google.com/site/pfeiferecon/
jpfeifer

Re: Small open economy model- BK conditions not satisfied

Postby michall23full » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:56 pm

So I will look deeper in Kam (2009) paper and possible other implementations of this model. Thanks.
michall23full

Return to Dynare help