Regarding the error message in solving policy function

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Regarding the error message in solving policy function

Postby dennis0125hk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:42 am

Hi everyone,

I have some question regarding the error message in solving policy function. After looking at the code and some references, I particularly do not understand the meaning of error 1: The model doesn’t determine the policy function uniquely and error 2: MJDGGES returns the following error code xx.

From the code dr1.m, info = 1 is execute when there is infinite element in a, that means is to check "any(isinf(a(:)))". On the other hand, I would like to ask, why it leads to non-unique policy function?

Secondly, MJDGGES is used to perform Schur Decomposition to certain matrices. If there is error message, error 2 is prompted but I want to know the reason of triggering such error message. Particularly, how should the model is specified correctly to avoid such error message?

Thanks for your kind attention.

Frank
dennis0125hk

Return to Dynare help