The loglikelihood at the posterior mean

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

The loglikelihood at the posterior mean

Postby zenghaiwei » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Dear all

We can extact the mcmc draws of the parameters from the subfolder metropolis , and compute the mean of the posterior draws. And in this file, there exists a

variable "logpro2", I think it is the loglikelihoods at diffrent draws of parameters, am i right?

Another question is how to compute the loglikelihood at the mean of the parameters? I think mean may diffrent from each of the mcmc draws.

Now I am trying to estimated the model in An and Frank (2007), I estimated his model by the simulated data first, then subsititute the posterior mean of parameters into

the model and solve it to state space form by Dynare. Then I use Kalman Filter to compute the loglikelihood by my own code.

Am I right? Is there some order in dynare can do this?

Best Regards

Zeng Tao
zenghaiwei

Return to Dynare help