Mod file in a MATLAB loop

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Mod file in a MATLAB loop

Postby anhndm88 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi to all,

I am writing a MATLAB file to estimate parameters using SMC in which I put a mod file in a loop to get the 2nd-order-approximation policy function.
First, I generate data by assigning values to parameters, then use that data to estimate parameters. When I use the true parameters to solve the model, Dynare works well.
However, when I execute estimation, after some iterations, it informs that Blanchard_Kahn conditions are not satisfied because of indeterminancy. I guess that the problem happens because some parameters are used to calculate the steady states. Can you give me some advices in this case please?
I know that Dynare applies the Metropolis-Hastings algorithm to derive the posterior. Could you please let me know what dynare does when a proposal leads to problems such as what I met: Blanchard_Kahn conditions are not satisfied.

Thank you very much,
AN
anhndm88

Return to Dynare help