Parallelization in dynare++

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Parallelization in dynare++

Postby DSG » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi,

According to the tutorial, dynare++ is capable of using parallel threads when running simulations by including the option "--threads [#]", but I can't get this parallelization to actually work. No matter how many threads I set, dynare++ only seems to use a single thread. My processor is a quad-core with hyper-threading, so in principle I should be able to run up to 8 parallel threads (something I have no trouble doing with, for example, MATLAB's parallel computing toolbox).

Aside from setting the "threads" option when running dynare++, is there something else that needs to be done in order to get the parallelization to work?

For the record, I'm running dynare version 4.3.3 on Windows 7 with an Intel i7-3770 processor.
DSG

Return to Dynare help