Exchange rate and recursive preferences

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Exchange rate and recursive preferences

Postby andrebc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Dear forum members,

I am trying to build a very simple toy model with 2 countries, recursive preferences and complete markets. The economy of each country is similar to what is common with recursive preferences (e.g., Caldara et al., 2012), and I just allow households to trade a complete set of state-contingent claims.

As mentioned in Gourio et al. (2013), for example, the complete markets assumption implies that the exchange rate follows

q(+1)/q = ms/m

where "ms" and "m" are the stochastic discount factors for the foreign (MSt,t+1) and domestic (Mt,t+1) country, respectively.

My code runs if both countries are in autarky (i.e., if I arbitrarily set q=1 for all t), but when I add the exchange rate equation I get two errors:

1) I have 13 forward-looking variables but only 12 eigenvalues > 1 in modulus;
2) the model_diagnostics option tells me there is 1 colinear relationship between the variables and the equations

I'm new to Dynare so I am having trouble figuring out what is wrong with the code. Any help or feedback you could provide would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Andre
Attachments
toymodel.mod
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
andrebc

Return to Dynare help