Data transformation for estimation

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Re: Data transformation for estimation

Postby Oriana » Sun May 24, 2015 3:47 pm

I see is rather more simple to implement than I sought!
Oriana

Postby Oriana » Sun May 24, 2015 6:20 pm

A last favour, please, if possible!
There are some literature to help us to analyse historical and smoothed variables figures?
There must be something wrong with my delta_logoilprice_jp_obs (please find enclose figures from Historical and smoothed variables).

My model is a Log-linearization version. My relationships between Model variables and observed data are:

deltalog_gdp_jp_obs = c1logdeltagdp + (c1mugdpss - 1);// matched to non-demeaned growth rate, useful to estimation purposes
deltalog_gdp_for_obs = c2logdeltagdp + (c2mugdpss - 1);//matched to non-demeaned growth rate, useful to estimation purposes
dpcexfe_log_jp_obs = c1dcore ; //matched to log level, d1core is the net inflation
rer_log_jp_obs = c1rer ; //matched to log level, c1rer is the log exchange rate
dcomp_log_jp_obs = log(c1omega) ;
//c1omega is the model gross inflation and dcomp_log_jp_obs the observed net inflation

fedfunds_jp_obs = c1rs ;// matched to net interest rates, fedfunds_jp_obs is the net interest rate observation in quarterly form
fixi_share_jp_obs = ((exp(c1rpipd) * exp(c1i)) / exp(c1yd)) / c1rngdpy;
pce_share_jp_obs = ( ( (exp(c1rpcpd) * exp(c1c)) / exp(c1yd)) /c1rngdpy ) ;
exp_share_jp_obs = ( exp(c1x) / exp(c1yd) ) / c1rngdpy ;
imp_share_jp_obs = ( exp(c1m) / exp(c1yd) ) / c1rngdpy;

oilimp_share_jp_obs = exp(c1rpopd) * ( exp(c1o) / exp(c1y) - exp(c1yo) / exp(c1y) ) * (1 / c1rngdpy );
oilprod_jp_deltalog_obs = log(c1oy) - log(c1oy(-1)) + ( c1grmuoss - 1 );//matched to non-demeaned growth rate, useful to estimation purposes
oilprod_for_deltalog_obs = log(c2oy) - log(c2oy(-1)) + ( c2grmuoss - 1 );//matched to non-demeaned growth rate, useful to estimation purposes
delta_logoilprice_jp_obs = c1rpopd - c1rpopd(-1) + ( c1grmuzoss * c1mugdpss - c1grmuzss ) / c1grmuzss ; //matched to non-demeaned growth rate, useful to estimation purposes
Attachments
fig.5.pdf
(8.46 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
fig.4.pdf
(12.05 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
fig.3.pdf
(7.31 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
fig.2.pdf
(12.03 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
fig.1.pdf
(11.39 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Oriana

Postby Oriana » Tue May 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Forget, I already found what was the problem!
Oriana

Previous

Return to Dynare help