steady-state problem

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

steady-state problem

Postby sinemkilic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Dear all,

I have a problem in simulating two-agent open Ramsey model. I have foreign asset accumulation variable, which should be zero at steady-state. Dynare finds the zero steady-state, however, the dynamics are problematic. Eventhough there is no uncertainty or no shocks are implemented to the model and I initially give steady-state levels, the variables, especially the foreign asset accumulation variable, do not stay at the steady-state level. Depending on the parameter values, there is either accumulation or decumulation and it continues to increase to the last period. In the last period it sharply goes to the steady-state level. Is there anyone who has an idea what might be the problem is? I will appreciate any suggestion..

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Sinem
sinemkilic

Return to Dynare contributions and examples