Estimating BSP Model of Rabanal-Rameraz 2005

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Estimating BSP Model of Rabanal-Rameraz 2005

Postby wmmahrous » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am

Dear all,
Here I'm attaching Dynare code for estimating Rabanal-Rameraz BSP model (2005). I'm trying to modify the model by getting rid of real wages as an observed variable, because I don't have enough data about it for the country I am gonna apply this model on (Tanzania). Is it right to skip any shock (because the model has 4 shocks and four observed variables) to balance for the new number of observed variables? or Do I have to skip a specific shock? In my attached file you will find that I'm skipping the mark-up price shock...I'm waiting for your replies.
Thanks in advance,
Walaa Mahrous.
BSP model.mod
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
wmmahrous

Re: Estimating BSP Model of Rabanal-Rameraz 2005

Postby jpfeifer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm

In general, to avoid stochastic singularity, you need at least as many shocks as observed variables. Having more shocks should be no problem. So you could just drop the variable from var_obs and leave everything else unaffected. If you want to omit a shock, use one that is empirically not important.
------------
Johannes Pfeifer
University of Cologne
https://sites.google.com/site/pfeiferecon/
jpfeifer

Re: Estimating BSP Model of Rabanal-Rameraz 2005

Postby wmmahrous » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 pm

jpfeifer....Thank you so much...I really appreciate your advice :)
wmmahrous

Return to Dynare contributions and examples