RBC_Est

As Dynare 4 is now the main version, this forum is now closed. Please, post
on the Dynare Help forum
Forum rules
As Dynare 4 is the current Dynare version, there forum is now close. Post new question in the Dynare Help Forum.

RBC_Est

Postby Vanda » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:33 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate the Bayesian estimation that is done in the User Guide version beta (chapter 5), but I'm having problems with it. When I try to run it, it gives the following messages:

??? Error: File: c:\documents and settings\vanda almeida\my documents\software\dynare\dynare 4\matlab\dynare_estimation.m Line: 829 Column: 48
Expected a variable, function, or constant, found ")".

Error in ==> C:\Documents and Settings\Vanda Almeida\My Documents\Software\Dynare\Dynare 4\doc\userguide\models\RBC_Est.m
On line 132 ==> dynare_estimation(var_list_);

Error in ==> c:\documents and settings\vanda almeida\my documents\software\dynare\dynare 4\matlab\dynare.m
On line 49 ==> evalin('base',fname) ;

I'm just starting on this, so I'm not familiar with the routines and I can´t figure out what the problem is. I would really appreciate if someone could give me a tip about this problem.

Thank you very much.

Postby MichelJuillard » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:17 am

Dear Vanda,

sorry about that. You are using an older version of Matlab that doesn't accept the syntax (). Just remove the empty parentheses at the end of line 829.
I will fix it in the snapshot.

Best

Michel
MichelJuillard

Return to Dynare version 4