Some parameter names generate errors

This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location where you will have to reset your password.
Forum rules
This forum is closed. You can read the posts but cannot write. We have migrated the forum to a new location (https://forum.dynare.org) where you will have to reset your password.

Some parameter names generate errors

Postby tokhir » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:57 pm

Some of the parameter names (even very innocent ones) seem to be generating an error in my code. The attached code, for example, works just fine. But when I replace parameter name "theta" with a parameter name "lambda" (using Replace All function, I get 20 replacements), I get an error message saying that: "The input character is not valid in MATLAB statements or expressions".

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

tokhir
Attachments
OP_model.mod
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
tokhir

Postby MichelJuillard » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:56 am

I can't reproduce the problem. OP_model.mod works on my machine in Dynare version 3 and in version 4 under Windows. Under which operating system are you working? which Matlab version ?

Best

Michel
MichelJuillard

Postby MichelJuillard » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:15 pm

The problem is with upper and lower case. For example, you can't have v1 as a parameter and V1 as a variable. There is some inconsistency in the handling of upper and lower case in Dynare version 3. So you should be case consistent, but not rely on it to distinguish objects.

Kind regards

Michel
MichelJuillard

Return to Dynare help